CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
Poole, Dorset, United Kingdom
Hi, my name is Donna. I'm married and I have two lovely daughters. I have been a papercraft addict for over 15 years and love trying new things!! and sharing them with others!! If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions for this blog then please feel free to email me at the address below - Thanks for visiting, Crafty hugs Donna xx

Contact Me

Please feel free to email me at - theartofpapercrafts@gmail.com

My Youtube channel is - TheArtofPapercrafts

Friday 5 June 2009

Sorry!


I'm really sorry that I haven't posted since my first entry but wouldn't you believe it the day after I finally decide to launch my blog I lose all Internet access! I finally got it back yesterday! It's been hell! No emails, no YouTube, no blogs to read arrrgh!!!

Anyway, today I will be finishing off my first submission to Making Cards magazine since I had to give up in 2006, unfortunately I cannot post any pictures on my blog until I know if it's been chosen for publication and then I can only post them after the release date - which I hate because I wanted to show you.

Instead I've added two projects made using the Men's sporting board for the Helix Craftroom multitool (known as the Papercraft Station in the USA)


This first one is embossed onto different colours of card stock, then I lightly rubbed over the top of each piece with a co-ordinating brilliance dew drop ink pad. I then cut out all the pieces and paper pieced the skateboarder together. The background paper is from DCWV, the text is a stamp I bought from Graphicus and is part of a collection that contains a skateboard, trainers, clothes and text, I used a brilliance dew drop ink pad to stamp it, cut it out and mounted it on foam pads. The ribbon is some I bought from a craft store that is sold by the metre.




For the second card I decided to make the surfer move on the wave. I embossed the surfer onto a light blue card stock and then lightly rubbed a versamagic dew drop ink pad over the top to make the image pop, then after it had dried I cut it out. The backing paper is again from DCWV, the cloud paper was just adhered to a piece of white card and I tore the water ripple paper to make the sea and a wave and adhered that to the card piece too. I then used a circle cutter to cut a small hole (about an inch in diameter) in the card piece approximately where I wanted the surfers head/shoulders to be. The piece I cut out I then kept to use as part of the movement for the surfer, I cut a strip of scrap card to make the swinging part about three quarters inch by six inches and folded it in half, I stuck a two pence inside the card strip just slightly away from the fold line using the red sticky tape and then used that tape again to stick the open end of the strip closed and to the back of the circle I had cut from the card with the backing paper on. I added a round foam pad to the back of the surfer between his shoulders and placed the foam pad through the hole on the card piece and then attached the paper covered side of the cut out circle to the back of the foam pad so that the surfer would swing. Finally I used foam tape to stick the card piece to a folded square card blank and added a peel off sticker from a men's set made by Do-crafts.

I do apologise that the photography is not great but I had to use my mobile phone to take the pictures as my hubby's camera doesn't seem to like me!

Anyway I had better think about sorting out my daughters or they will be late for school. Hopefully I will be able to post again without any problems.

Crafty hugs, Donna xx

1 comment:

Muriel said...

Nice blog! Good luck with your blogging experience!

Search My Blog