CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

About Me

My photo
Poole, Dorset, United Kingdom
Hi, my name is Donna. I'm married and I have two lovely daughters. I have been a papercraft addict for over 15 years and love trying new things!! and sharing them with others!! If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions for this blog then please feel free to email me at the address below - Thanks for visiting, Crafty hugs Donna xx

Contact Me

Please feel free to email me at - theartofpapercrafts@gmail.com

My Youtube channel is - TheArtofPapercrafts

Sunday 12 September 2010

K & Company Mini Album for a Special Friend Part One

Hi Everyone

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend!! It’s lovely and sunny here on the south coast of the UK today which is nice for September!!

Today I wanted to start sharing with you a mini album that I have just finished making for a very special friend. She doesn’t know about it so I can’t say who it is for but she means so much to me and I really hope that she likes her little gift. I have also filmed the mini album and you can find the first part HERE on YouTube.

As there are a large amount of photos to be able to show the mini properly I’m going to do them over the next few days, so here are the first set of pictures:

001 This is the mini album closed up using some ball chain, the papers are from a K & Company collection from about 5 years ago that were designed by Elizabeth Brownd, they are called Garden Collage and Antique Botanicals. I used two pages from a US Michaels chipboard mini for the front & back cover and added an extra piece of spare chipboard for the spine. Once the papers were attached I sanded all the edges and distressed them with Stormy Sky and Chipped sapphire distress ink and then I mod podged them with the Sparkle Mod Podge. To finish the cover I added some feathers and silk flowers and leaf.

002

I added a binding ring to the spine and tied on some fibres and some of matching ribbons to the ones used inside the mini, then added a swivel clasp and some charms to finish it off.

004

For the inside cover I used an envelope to make a pocket and inked the edges with Versamagic in Night Sky. I made some matching tags for photo mats and journaling using coordinating papers,I stamped them with some journaling stamps from an Autumn Leaves set and some butterflies from a set by Royal and Langnickle using distress ink in stormy sky and forest moss and the used the same colours to ink all the edges.

005

For the inside pages of the mini I used small paper lunch bags and I inked all of them with distress ink in stormy sky and made matching tags to put on the paper bags to add extra space for photo’s (can be seen in the video), I left the first small flap undecorated so that my friend can put on there whatever she likes.

006

For this small flap I made a library pocket and a small booklet from the papers in the collection for photos and journaling, again I used a Studio G journaling stamp and distress ink in stormy sky for the stamping and inking the edges. I also sprayed it all with Glimmer mist in Antique Lace

006

For this page I made a pocket from a torn piece of patterned paper and inked the edge with stormy sky, then I used some stickers for decoration. I made a fold out photo and journaling book from the papers and stamped with Autumn Leaves journaling stamps using rusty hinge distress ink. Page also sprayed with glimmer mist in Antique Lace

007

008

For this page I made a pocket from the paper collection and used a woodware border punch to add a design and a quickutz die to make the nameplate that I added mini eyelets to. I made some tags for the pocket and stamped them with Perfect medium and a Aututmn Leaves stamp then used perfect pearls over the top and added a journaling spot to the backs.

009

For this page I took a white felt frame and sprayed it with Lily Pad glimmer mist, then I took some white card and sprayed that with Twilight glimmer mist. I stuck the frame to the cardstock and cut it out, added some rhinestones to the frames flowers and then added some acetate to the centre and finally glued it to the page with foam tape but left one edge unsealed so that a photo can be slipped in. The page background was also sprayed with creme de cocoa glimmer mist.

So there are the first few pages of the mini and the cover, I would love to know what you think. I’ll be back tomorrow with the next set of pages, speak to you again then!!

Crafty hugs Donna xxx

2 comments:

Bren said...

Adorable book!

Thanni said...

Hi..what a gorgeous minialbum! I've just pinned it on Pinterest, and hope you don't mind. Just thought your album was so beautiful!
Have a great day :)

Search My Blog